Silly question.

Karl Student karlstudent at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 21 17:45:27 CET 2004

After tinkering with tinc for a while I was able to get two Windows XP to
connect with each other.

("tincd -d" is your friend)  ;-)

http://tinc.nl.linux.org/examples/windows-install
makes no mention of installing cygwin
It makes no mention of installing zlib, LZO, or OpenSSL.
Some older documentation/examples I found does.

Everything seems to be working.  :-)

tinc.conf contains three lines:
Name = ...
ConnectTo = ...
Interface = VPN

My host file contains:
Subnet = my.ip.add.here/32
-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----
blah blah blah...  my key here
-----END PUBLIC KEY-----

(No switches like "Compression" or "Cypher" are being used)

My simple question is...

If I followed the "windows-install" example above...
Is encryption and/or compression being used ???
How can I tell how many hosts are connected and if they are using
encryption/compression?

-Karl