XP Home tincd error

Jeremy Singer paladin at minusnine.net
Wed Jan 7 22:35:54 CET 2004

Tinc list,

I am working to install tinc-1.0.2 on an XP Home machine. The program
has been installed, and all files and keys are in the proper places. I
know this is true because I've installed it on quite a few machines, and
they all work properly. (Good work Guus!)

The question comes down to this output. When I attempt to run tincd for
the first time, I get this error:

C:\>cd c:\"program files"\tinc\

C:\Program Files\tinc>tincd -n eaw_vpn -D -d3
tincd 1.0.2 (Nov  8 2003 14:19:06) starting, debug level 3
System call `listen' failed: The attempted operation is not supported
for the type of object referenced.
Not restarting.

Now, there is no personal firewall software installed, and the WinXP
included firewall stuff is not active. The TAP-Win32 adapter is being
used, and it is the only one installed, so I shouldn't have to specify
one in tinc.conf.

I've googled for this to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas on this
topic? Thanks.