WinXP Home tincd problem

Jeremy Singer jbs at gleim.com
Wed Jan 7 22:34:18 CET 2004

TincList,

I have set up tinc on many windows boxes, and never with this problem
before. The machine is running tinc-1.0.2, with all of the proper files
set up. We are using the tap-win32 adapter, and it is installed correctly.
I even uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter when I saw this problem. No
affect.

The user running the tincd demon is the administrator, and no personal
firewalls are running. WinXP firewall is not running either.

This is the error message:

C:\Program Files\tinc>tincd -n eaw_vpn -D -d3
tincd 1.0.2 (Nov  8 2003 14:19:06) starting, debug level 3
System call `listen' failed: The attempted operation is not supported for
the type of object referenced.
Not restarting.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? There is only one win32
tap adapter installed, so I shouldn't have to specify it in the tinc.conf,
and I didn't. All of the other machines work with the exactly the same
configuration (with different IPs and keys, of course!)

Thanks...
--
Jeremy Singer
www.gleim.com