tinc-1.0pre8 fails to compile on RH 9.0

Jason jason+tinclist at truedesign.com
Thu Jun 26 23:38:16 CEST 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Jason wrote:

> I haven't heard of the lzo library before.. I didn't see any RedHat 9 rpms
> with "lzo" in their names.. is it perhaps part of another RedHat rpm?  Or
> will I need to separately download/compile/install the lzo library
> (perhaps from http://www.oberhumer.com/opensource/lzo/lzodoc.php?)?

Ok I found a src rpm for lzo at
http://freshrpms.xs4all.nl/redhat/9/i386/SRPMS.freshrpms/lzo-1.08-fr2.src.rpm
and built and installed it. so now I get a littler farther with
autogen.sh/configure but i get:

checking for lzo1x.h... yes
checking for lzo1x_1_compress in -llzo... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/es/Makefile
config.status: creating lib/Makefile
config.status: creating po/Makefile.in
config.status: error: cannot find input file: po/Makefile.in.in

My 1.0pre8 branch has this po/Makefile.in.in file but my CABAL branch
doesn't..  Am I supposed to run something else to generate it?

--- (i play with it some more before sending this email) ---

ok so I copied the contents of the po directory from the pre8 release to
my CABAL branch (replacing what was in the CABAL po directory) and then
configure and make ran just fine.  Copying Makefile.in.in from pre8 was
sufficient to complete the configure process but still resulted in errors
during make (altho I think it might have still actually finished building
src/tincd)

Is there a branch that is more up to date than 1.0-pre8 but more stable
than CABAL?

Oh, and thanks again to the tinc authors: its a great utility/app/tool!

Jason

Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/