tinc-1.0pre8 fails to compile on RH 9.0

Jason jason+tinclist at truedesign.com
Thu Jun 26 22:50:48 CEST 2003

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003, Shashank Khanvilkar wrote:

> > Could you try installing these versions? Also, did you checkout the
> > CABAL branch or another branch from CVS?
> I was using the pre8 branch.. I checked out the cabal branch and it
> compiles nicely.
> (However I do remember trying to compile the CABAL branch
> before and running into the same problems.. )

I want to add that I have the same error during configure on a freshly
installed RedHat 9 box with pre8:

checking for OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms... no
checking for SSLeay_add_all_algorithms... no
configure: error: Missing required OpenSSL functionality!

So I checked out the CABAL branch and was a little confused by the
absence of a configure script so I ran autogen.sh and it ended with:

checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking for compress2 in -lz... yes
checking lzo1x.h usability... no
checking lzo1x.h presence... no
checking for lzo1x.h... no
configure: error: "lzo header files not found."

I haven't heard of the lzo library before.. I didn't see any RedHat 9 rpms
with "lzo" in their names.. is it perhaps part of another RedHat rpm?  Or
will I need to separately download/compile/install the lzo library
(perhaps from http://www.oberhumer.com/opensource/lzo/lzodoc.php?)?

help? :)

Jason

Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/