help with compiling on Mac OSX

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Wed Jun 25 10:47:12 CEST 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 12:17:05AM +0000, blefuscu at attbi.com wrote:

> I'm a complete newbie with command line stuff and i'm trying to compile the tinc source on osx
> 10.2.6 but i'm getting this error when i use ./configure:
[...]
> checking for dlopen... no
> checking for dlopen in -ldl... no
> configure: error: OpenSSL depends on libdl.
>
> I don't really know what it means.   I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that i'm missing zlib?

The error message clearly indicates you're missing libdl, it doesn't say
anything about zlib. Apparently dlopen() is not in the standard
libraries, which is strange because I do remember compiling tinc
succesfully on MacOS/X, but perhaps that was an earlier version
(10.1.x?) but I can't remember.

I hope someone else on this list who has access to a machine running the
latest MacOS/X can try to solve this problem, since I don't have access
to a machine with MacOS/X at the moment.

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>