help with compiling on Mac OSX

blefuscu at attbi.com blefuscu at attbi.com
Wed Jun 25 02:17:05 CEST 2003

Hello -

I'm a complete newbie with command line stuff and i'm trying to compile the tinc source on osx
10.2.6 but i'm getting this error when i use ./configure:

checking for SHA1_version in -lcrypto... yes
checking for RAND_pseudo_bytes... yes
checking for OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms... yes
checking for dlopen... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... no
configure: error: OpenSSL depends on libdl.

I don't really know what it means.   I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that i'm missing zlib?

In the manual, it says to download zlib with Fink.  I've got fink and the findcommander (GUI fink),
but zlib isn't in the list of packages (all the other ones like openssl i've installed thru fink).  can
someone help me download it using the command line?

or if someone has a macbinary to share, i would greatly appreciate it.
thanks!

Arthur
Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/