Hi, a config question

Wessel Dankers wsl at fruit.eu.org
Tue Jun 17 20:58:08 CEST 2003

On 2003-06-17 21:44:36+0300, Kostadin Galabov wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have the following question. If the master tinc dies (the one that clients
> have ConnectTo option), does clients conntinue to communicate with each
> other ?
> I noteced the following. If there is some traffic between the clients and
> the master tinc dies - there is no problem. But if there is no traffic
> between clients and the master dies, then when I try to access some
> different than master peer, the tinc tries to connect to the master.

You're imposing a client-server scheme on tinc, even though tinc has always
been intended as a system where all nodes are "equal" (peer-to-peer, so to
speak). It's best to make all participating tinc nodes connect to each
other as much as possible. This way they have a fallback if the central
node fails. You can use multiple ConnectTo lines in your configuration
files.

HTH, HAND,

--
Wessel Dankers <wsl at fruit.eu.org>