Problem with more than two Subnets!

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Sun Jul 20 12:29:52 CEST 2003

On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 09:27:39PM -0400, Andres Sommerhoff wrote:

> Thanks Guus for your answer. I have tried this too, but I can't set the vnp
> interface to ethernet.
> I'm doing something wrong. I have tried with:

tinc itself makes the interface point-to-point if Mode = router, but
makes it Ethernet if Mode = switch or hub. However, in the output of
ifconfig you sent last time it said interface vpn was point-to-point,
but the tinc.conf you showed said Mode = switch. So the output of
ifconfig was from a different time than the copy of tinc.conf.

Well, forget all this and just try the following:

- configure all tinc daemons to use "Mode = router"
- make sure the only thing in all tinc-up files is
  "ifconfig $INTERFACE 10.0.x.1 netmask 255.255.0.0"

Then try to run the vpn. If you still see duplicate packets, copy the
configuration files and the output of ifconfig and route at THAT moment.
Also try to use tcpdump on the eth and vpn interfaces to see where
packets are duplicatd (or looping).

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>