OpenSSL compile problem

Kostadin Galabov kostura at netclime.com
Thu Feb 6 14:38:51 CET 2003

Hi,
I'm using tinc for ~ 2 years now and I'm very happy with it (thanks to the makers - this is very good program to use). Anyway everytime I build I have this odd problem and until now I always found a way to solve it but now I'm really stuck. I'm trying to build tinc-pre7 and I always reach to this error on configure:
---------------------
checking for RAND_pseudo_bytes... no
checking for OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms... no
checking for SSLeay_add_all_algorithms... no
My openssl is 0.9.7 and is installed via this command:

./config --prefix=/usr/local --openssldir=/usr/local/openssl

I'm trying to build tic with this command:

./configure --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc --with-openssl-include=/usr/local --with-openssl-lib=/usr/local/lib
or
./configure --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc --with-openssl-include=/usr/local --with-openssl-lib=/usr/local/

and no success. Please tell me which files are you looking for when you looking for openssl-lib, to be sure a pointing to the correct ones. I think you look for libssl.a and libcrypto.a which are in /usr/local/lib

Regards
Kosta Galabov