Tinc on windows XP Problem?

Jason jason+tinclist at truedesign.com
Tue Dec 16 20:37:36 CET 2003

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, byron_noriega wrote:

> I want to connect two computers(for testing purposes)
> computer1(webdev) and computer2(gis) I have installed the tap-win32 on both
> of them.

> Computer1:webdev
> -----------------------
> C:\Program Files\tinc\vpn1\tinc.conf
> Name = webdev
> ConnectTo = office
> Interface = VPN

> Computer 2: gis
> ---------------------
> C:\Program Files\tinc\vpn1\tinc.conf
> Name = gis
> ConnectTo = office
> Interface = VPN

> What is wrong?

You have told them both to connect to a third machine called office but I
don't see that you have setup the "office" computer or told either webdev or
gis about office.  If you just want webdev and gis to be the only two
members of the vpn and to talk to each other, change the ConnectTo in gis's
config to "ConnectTo = webdev" and change webdev's config to be "ConnectTo =
gis"

Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/