Tinc on windows XP Problem?

byron_noriega byron_noriega at geomatika.ca
Tue Dec 16 18:52:57 CET 2003

Hello All ,   I  installed tinc for windows. But it doesn't seem to work.

I want to connect two computers(for testing purposes)
computer1(webdev) and computer2(gis) I have installed the tap-win32 on both
of them.
Both computers are windows XP. Also I don't have a router.

Computer1:webdev
-----------------------
C:\Program Files\tinc\vpn1\tinc.conf
Name = webdev
ConnectTo = office
Interface = VPN

C:\Program Files\tinc\vpn1\hosts\gis
Address=64.201.188.230
Subnet=192.168.1.0/24

hosts/webdev
Address=64.201.188.228
Subnet=192.168.0.0/24

TCP/IP  parameters on the TAP-win32 NIC VPN:
IP:  192.168.0.0
Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0

Computer 2: gis
---------------------
C:\Program Files\tinc\vpn1\tinc.conf
Name = gis
ConnectTo = office
Interface = VPN

C:\Program Files\tinc\vpn1\hosts\gis
Address=64.201.188.230
Subnet=192.168.1.0/24

C:\Program Files\tinc\vpn1\hosts\webdev
Address=64.201.188.228
Subnet=192.168.0.0/24

TCP/IP  parameters on the Tap-win32 NIC VPN:
IP:  192.168.1.0
Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0

Then when I go to the browser of computer1(webdev) and Type:
<\\192.168.0.0> It works! its takes me to the local share files

But when I tried to get to computer2(gis)  <\\192.168.1.0> I get nothing the
error saying that
Window cannot access <\\102.168.1.0>

What is wrong?
I also tried the example provided on the tinc website: "Installing  Tinc on
windows"
With the 10.20.40.1 and 10.20.40.2 addresses but the same thing happened.

Help!