[Announcement] Version 1.0 released

Jason jason+tinclist at truedesign.com
Sat Aug 16 21:08:06 CEST 2003

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Guus Sliepen wrote:

> > BTW, I could not get the --logfile option to work at all (the debug msgs
> > stopped going to the console, but I could not find any log file where it was
> > writing the data to, even when I explicitly passed a path/name like in your
> > example.  This was with 1.0.1. I didn't try with 1.0.
>
> What was the exact command line?

C:\Program Files\tinc>type c:\tinc.log

C:\Program Files\tinc>del c:\tinc.log

C:\Program Files\tinc>type c:\tinc.log

C:\Program Files\tinc>tincd.exe -n tdvpn -D -d99 --logfile=c:\tinc.log
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
^C
C:\Program Files\tinc>type c:\tinc.log

C:\Program Files\tinc>copy con c:\tinc.log
to create the file
^Z
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files\tinc>type c:\tinc.log
to create the file

C:\Program Files\tinc>tincd.exe -n tdvpn -D -d99 --logfile=c:\tinc.log
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
^C
C:\Program Files\tinc>type c:\tinc.log
to create the file

C:\Program Files\tinc>

note that the expected messages from the -d99 were not displayed on the
console like they are without --logfile, so it tried to send them somewhere...

i also tried just --logfile alone and looked for a log in the current dir
and in c:\program files\tinc and in c:\program files\tinc\tdvpn

I also tried it with that tincd-1.0-cvs.exe you sent me this morning and it
also doesn't seem to write to the logfile.

Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/