Help Help !!

Ivo Timmermans ivo at o2w.nl
Mon Aug 4 11:45:14 CEST 2003

Prayatna Prakash wrote:
> Hi,

You sent your question to me privately.  This is no problem really,
but a question like yours could easily be answered by anyone else, so
you should have posted it to the list tinc at nl.linux.org.  I was on
holiday for the last two weeks, which is why I didn't reply to you yet
:)

>   Require your help on this please - I have been trying to setup TINC
> between a setup wherein one host with global IP is behind a PIX
> firewall( Is it possible for TINC to work with PIX firewall - should
> work I suppose?)

Yes, use TCPOnly if UDP forwarding is a problem.  Possibly only
outgoing connections work, it really depends on the configuration of
your firewall.

> & the other outside it. Although, I was able to ping
> the other end of the tunnel, I do not know whether traffic meant for
> each other actually go through TINC. Apart from some rudimentary
> messages, 'syslog' is not of much help. Is there a way to log/diagnose
> all traffic being routed through the TINC interface?

Start it with -d5 or higher, or kill it with SIGINT.  (SIGINT will
make tincd switch to debug level 5, send it a SIGINT again to revert.)

	Ivo

--
Everybody is entitled to do stupid things. But some people abuse
the privilege.