tincs behind 2 off-the-shelf NAT router ?

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Fri Aug 15 08:37:34 CEST 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 06:41:46PM -0700, gary ng wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply. Will there be any
> restriction on the internal ip address used ? It is
> quite possible that both may be using the default DHCP
> service from the router which may end up as 10.0.1.10
> on both end.

Of course you cannot have two computers with the same IP address on the
VPN. You'll have to change the DHCP servers to issue IP addresses from
distinct subnets, or you should not use DHCP generated addresses on the
VPN, but manually assign addresses.

> Beside, I see the configuration is using the dot ip
> address format. This is understandable for system
> designed for controllable network(corporation) but how
> can it be done for 'road warrior' in Free S/Wan term ?
> That is my external address is not static which is
> either obtained through DHCP from the ISP or PPP(modem
> configuration) again changes for each dialup ?

The documentation clearly states that you can use both addresses and
hostnames for the Address configuration variable. So if you want to
allow incoming connections to your dial-up, use a dyndns hostname.

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>