File descriptor in bad state...again ;-(

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Sun Nov 10 20:03:34 CET 2002

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 11:07:05AM +0100, Martin Rusko wrote:

> What I don't understand is, how the same module (tun.o), from the same
> kernel version 2.4.18, has different sizes?

Maybe it was compiled with different options or a different compiler?

> Also, if you will have some time, please see attached strace output,
> maybe you will know, what is happening.

According to the strace the /dev/net/tun it opens is NOT a tun/tap
device. Maybe this is because it isn't a character device with major 10
and minor 200, or maybe because the tun driver wasn't loaded. If even
that doesn't work, try recompiling the kernel first and then tinc.

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>