tinc + dynamic IP

Ivo Timmermans ivo at o2w.nl
Mon May 13 21:01:34 CEST 2002

Ian Ward wrote:
> Hi, tinc looks great.  I have been using vtun but I am worried about security.

Have a look at the files doc/SECURITY2 and doc/PROTOCOL in the source
tarball.

> Looking at the design of tinc, if one of the hosts has a dynamic IP, it would seem tinc will not work.  Correct?

No.

tinc will keep trying to reconnect after a connection has been lost,
so a few seconds after your IP address changed, your connection should
be alive again.

	Ivo

--
Kurz bevor das Space-Shuttle in die Erdumlaufbahn eintritt, wird es
von einer Horde Grizzlybären angegriffen.