fixing cannot route packet error

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Tue Sep 18 23:52:42 CEST 2001

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 05:32:19PM -0500, ebina1 wrote:

> I am seeing a problem that looks the same as that described in
> message:
[...]
> The thread says it is fixed in the CVS version.
> I did a "cvs checkout -r CABAL tinc" and installed
> that version.  Now tinc always fails trying to
> establish the meta-data connection.  I assume I
> compiled something wrong.

Well CVS is for active development and may not always result in a functional
system. However, you can checkout the exact revision that was in the CVS
repository at the time of the fix by doing this:

cvs checkout -R CABAL -D "1 Jun 2001 10:03:39 +0200" tinc

Please try that and see if it works.

> Anyways, is there going to be a 1.0p5 soon that fixes

The meta protocol tinc uses to connect to other daemons is being rewritten to
allow for better loop detection/resolving, and better support for daemons
behind NATs. I hope pre5 will be released soon but no guarantees.

  Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.warande.net>