tinc connections fallout

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Wed Feb 14 10:48:20 CET 2001

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 10:02:56AM +0100, Bart Friederichs wrote:

> Our VPN runs okay for some time, and every now and then one of the links (we
> have three hosts connected redundantly) just falls out with no reason. In the
> syslog I get several (strange?) messages:
[...]
> Could someone give some commentary on those messages?

Ouch, that are some serious errors. Could you do:

ls -lR /proc/`cat /var/run/tinc.pirnet.pid`

when this happens again and tell me what you see? If you see really lots of
sockets in that directory listing then perhaps we've got a filedescriptor
leak. If not, my next best guess would be that your kernel runs out of
memory...

Could you tell me which version of tinc and the kernel you are using, and on
what hardware you're running this?

  Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.warande.net>
See also: http://tinc.nl.linux.org/
          http://www.kernelbench.org/