Performance VPN over the internet

Fred.Krom at ict.nl Fred.Krom at ict.nl
Tue Feb 13 17:22:57 CET 2001

Thanks for all the answers!

My problem is not the speed of tinc I see, but the speed of the internet. If I
run the vpn over one provider for example UUnet in Holland, it is possible to
get a 2Mb connection. When I try to ping to Germany it cost a 40/50 ms (that is
the turn-a-round of a 64k link ;-( )
The question for me is to order a 2Mb line or to vpn 2Mb over the internet, the
vps is the cheapest ;-)

Regards
Fred

Marijn Vriens <marijn at sanity.dhs.org> on 13-02-2001 12:38:49