Performance VPN over the internet

vdongen vdongen at hetisw.nl
Tue Feb 13 11:33:20 CET 2001

For example:

>From me (2Mb) to Guus (2Mb) over a public network (UUnet):

--- warande3094.warande.uu.nl ping statistics ---
round-trip min/avg/max = 38.699/65.837/130.430 ms

--- 10.1.1.1 ping statistics ---
round-trip min/avg/max = 61.526/198.266/390.513 ms

This is partly caused by the hardware (Guus on a 486 and me on a
pentium I system)
The other part is caused by the very bad routing :(

Greetz,

Ivo van Dongen