how to test

Bart Friederichs plant at chello.nl
Tue Feb 6 15:55:54 CET 2001

Hi,

I got a small VPN (2 hosts so far) running tinc. The connection is established,
according to netstat, so I guess the configfiles are ok. When starting the
deamon, nothing appears in syslog, not even when running with -dddd. So the VPN
should work, but it doesn't. Pinging doesn't work, let alone TCP services as
ftp or http.

Are there ways to test/diagnose the VPN?

TIA
Bart

The internet is a too slow way of doing things you'd never do without it.
                                              Bart Friederichs, 1998