new kernel 4.12.0-rc2

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Sat May 27 16:37:29 CEST 2017

Le samedi 27 mai 2017 à 13:34 +0200, Wessel Dankers a écrit :
> On 2017‒05‒24 19:50:36+0100, Paul Mansfield wrote:
> > Good news. kernel 4.12-rc2 boots and works.
> >
> > Even better news: backlight control works, you can brighten and dim
> > the backlight using the xfce widget. Touchscreen, keyboard and
> > touchpad work.
> >
> > This kernel has the wifi driver already in it, it was upstreamed.
> >
> > Find it, and the config file used to build it, and the patches from
> > John Brodie of the T100 G+ group, at
> >
> > https://www.zaurus.org.uk/download/toshiba_click_mini_l9w/
>
> Thanks for sharing! I compiled a kernel from these sources, patches and
> config (I need XFS which I think isn't in your kernel) but for some reason
> the dock's keyboard and touchpad don't work. The touchscreen does work.
> Is there anything I need to enable? Any recommended way to debug this?

I'll try this kernel ASAP too.
The keyboard/touchpad work with another one-(or two-)liner patch I
devised for this device only, which explain why it's not found on other
Asus T100+ sources. I don't have the details available here and now, but
you may find them on the mailing-list archive.
This patch reverts the touchpad to PS/2 compatibility mode, which
explains why scrolling doesn't work. The keyboard is actually attached
to the touchpad.
By the way, this keyboard/touchpad patch is dedicated to the TCM, and
removes features for all other devices using any Elan touchpad
(reverting them to PS/2 compat mode). It could be improved by
specifically targeting the ELAN0800 touchpad, and not the Elan vendor,
but I don't know how to do that...

--
Nicolas Huillard