Suspend (to RAM, to disk, deep sleep) : status ?

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Sun Jul 9 12:15:30 CEST 2017

Hi,

Before kernel 4.12, I just booted and shut down after use. The eMMC is
fast enough for that and my light usage. But losing all the desktop
state is a bit annoying.
I have 4GB of swap in the internal eMMC, ready for suspend to disk.

Did anyone usually does this, or suspend to RAM ?
Is there a way to keep the device in deep sleep (probably similar to
STR, or maybe actually just the same), using Debian jessie (I didn't
upgrade to stretch yet) with Gnome desktop.

What is your actual strategy on the TCM ?

--
Nicolas Huillard