4.6-rc6 working wifi - Re: Kernel 4.5

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Wed May 25 12:15:19 CEST 2016

On 25 May 2016 at 10:05, Nicolas Huillard <nicolas at huillard.net> wrote:
> Le mardi 24 mai 2016 à 21:21 +0100, Paul Mansfield a écrit :
>> I don't think I've entirely been an idiot.
>
> You surely aren't !

just a partial idiot then :-)

> another vendor (SIS). The common thing is I2C though.
>
>> has anyone else tried 4.4.11?
>
> I guess most baytrail improvements will go into the latest kernel, so I
> don't plan to try this one...

I still find myself using the 4.4.6 kernel, built ages ago, because
it's the most reliable so far, when I want to actually do something,
so I was hoping that a refinement of 4.4 would be a bit more solid.

Comments left on the G+ Transformer group are that 4.6-release and
linux-next have total lockup problems and they're reverting to a 4.6
release candidate.

Unfortunately with Intel deciding to cease Atom/Mobile SoC
development, I think that the chance of Intel's own staff contributing
to kernel development on Silvermont/Goldmont-based SoCs will dry up,
unless they get a big design win in future Chromebooks/Chromeboxes.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10288/intel-broxton-sofia-smartphone-socs-cancelled