Status and Questions

Manuel manuelsoukup at googlemail.com
Mon May 30 12:46:04 CEST 2016

Hello List,

I'm very curious to buy myself this:
https://www.amazon.de/Toshiba-Satellite-L9W-B-100-Convertible-Touchscreen/dp/B00SYAFYS6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464602993&sr=8-1&keywords=toshiba+click

I want to run Linux on it of course, so i was reading the tread in the
Toshiba forum and the blog and finally this list :-)

As far as i can gather there is pretty good support for it with a
patchset from Paul :-) MANY THANKS!

So for me they are a few questions left before i buy this beauty:

1. Is the 4.6 kernel really more unstable in your experience than then
4.4 ?

2. As far as i could gather back-light control is working and the SD
card read write issue is resolved with the patches from Paul, also wifi
is stable. Correct ? Could someone sum up the workings and the
non-workings for now maybe?

3. My use cases:
- Googleing
- Watching movies
- Writing text
- Stable! System (no lookups every 2 minutes etc)

Here i see the biggest problem in the sound. I read that there where
patches for the sound but there was no explanation, on how to apply them
on which source driver and version.... Does anybody know more ? This
would be really helpful!

How is video playback on Linux ?

As I'm not a C programmer i sadly can not contribute directly. But i'm
more than willing to test new drivers/kernels etc. If you need help with
that please contact me :-)

My plan is to install Linux on the device itself.

Stuff i want to try out:

- KDE Tablet interface

Does anybody run KDE on this ?

As a tipp, i would recommend to mention on the blog, that you need to
switch from systend to sysv :-)

Thanks, looking forward to your replys

Manuel