kernel 4.6-rc1

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 09:03:35 CEST 2016

On 30 March 2016 at 07:00,  <christian at boltares.de> wrote:
> I have tried both of your new builds (4.5 and 4.6) unfortunatly I could not
> manage to get wifi running with these :/.

I've not been able to get it to work either :-(

> The good news is that alsamixer shows a soundcard, it seems like there is just
> the correct alsa state file missing to get sound running.
> If I find time I will look into it.

Mine isn't showing that. But then I tried switching ijn different Intel firmware

I did notice in the kernel config there was an additional module, it
appeared in 4.4 but I didn't notice:
CONFIG_SND_SOC_INTEL_BYTCR_RT5651_MACH

I also turned on every single codec and sound device I could find,
just in case there was some obscure thing I missed!

Strangely, I can't find the firmware being loaded, I have tried all
sorts of odd greps on system logs like this:
# egrep "alsa|audio|intel|sound|snd|baytrail|firmware|pcm|i2s" /var/log/messages

I also tried the bluetooth driver, no joy, same as before...

|Realtek Bluetooth init uart with init speed:115200,
final_speed:115200, type:HCI UART H5
|Realtek Bluetooth :Realtek hciattach version 2.5
|
|Realtek Bluetooth :3-wire sync pattern resend : 1, len: 8
|
| Realtek Bluetooth ERROR: H5 sync timed out

:-(