Asus T100 kernels?

Gee groeg3 at web.de
Tue Mar 29 01:28:09 CEST 2016

After getting the 4.5 kernel running, I have been wondering to what
extent it would be possible to apply the work that's been done for the
Asus T100 to our device? I imagine these Baytrail devices share a lot of
their basic hardware, and the T100 seems to have backlight and even
sound working.
Has anyone tried some of the kernels for the T100? I've tried compiling
the 4.3 and the 4.4 variant from here: https://github.com/Asus-T100/kernel
with Nicolas' patch for the keyboard/mouse, but it either needs more
patching to work with our devices or I did some mistake in my compiling:
4.3 crashed on boot with a kernel panic, 4.4 sort of boots but the
keyboard doesn't work and the mouse only moves vertically?

Does anybody else have any experience, or are there fundamentally
reasons why this wouldn't work/would require additional modifications to
the T100 kernel source?