Asus T100 kernels?

Gee groeg3 at web.de
Tue Mar 29 01:32:03 CEST 2016

On 03/29/2016 01:28 AM, Gee wrote:
> After getting the 4.5 kernel running, I have been wondering to what
> extent it would be possible to apply the work that's been done for the
> Asus T100 to our device? I imagine these Baytrail devices share a lot of
> their basic hardware, and the T100 seems to have backlight and even
> sound working.
> Has anyone tried some of the kernels for the T100? I've tried compiling
> the 4.3 and the 4.4 variant from here: https://github.com/Asus-T100/kernel
> with Nicolas' patch for the keyboard/mouse, but it either needs more
> patching to work with our devices or I did some mistake in my compiling:
> 4.3 crashed on boot with a kernel panic, 4.4 sort of boots but the
> keyboard doesn't work and the mouse only moves vertically?
>
> Does anybody else have any experience, or are there fundamentally
> reasons why this wouldn't work/would require additional modifications to
> the T100 kernel source?

By the way, there is also this kernel patch for the T100 backlight. I
tried applying it to a plain 4.5 kernel, but it didn't help to get
backlight working (unless there's something I have to do in addition to
applying the patch). xbacklight still doesn't control brightness,
neither does writing directly to /sys/.../backlight