[hadess/rtl8723bs] patches_4.5 boot dmesg on kernel 4.5.0 (#63)

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 22:59:27 CEST 2016

On 6 April 2016 at 14:59, Paul Mansfield <paul at mansfield.co.uk> wrote:

> I shall see if a kernel built without the patch mentioned below causes the
> R8723 WiFi to work again

sadly it didn't.
I left my tablet on all day whilst I was at work and it was still
running happily when I got home.

I think having sound is the highest priority feature for me, I think
if I could have that then I would be happy to run linux most of the
time. Sadly, older kernels seem to have been closer, in that at least
I've seen messages about DSPs and loading the intel firmware which is
used for baytrail audio.

I am not sure when I mentioned this, whether everyone in the group
knows, but I took screenshots of the devices from WIndows' device
manager, in case it would give us any useful information at all
https://picasaweb.google.com/116367041269325477816/ToshibaClickMiniDeviceInformation

this agrees with the kernel message which suggests it is finding an
RT5640 device related to audio; windows suggests there needs to be an
interrupt mapped. Apart from that, it's not much help, the linux
kernel suggests there's some sort of I2C control of the codec?