[hadess/rtl8723bs] patches_4.5 boot dmesg on kernel 4.5.0 (#63)

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Thu Apr 7 10:08:38 CEST 2016

Le mercredi 06 avril 2016 à 21:59 +0100, Paul Mansfield a écrit :
> this agrees with the kernel message which suggests it is finding an
> RT5640 device related to audio; windows suggests there needs to be an
> interrupt mapped. Apart from that, it's not much help, the linux
> kernel suggests there's some sort of I2C control of the codec?

I remember audio is connected through I2C and I2S : I2C for command, I2S
for audio data itself. Your Win screenshot only mention I2S to the
codec, which probably need an interrupt. I2C is either another device in
the device tree (baytrail ASoC itself, probably, or the "mixer device"),
or simply concealed behind something less obvious.
I didn't dig more into the audio issue.

--
NH