Tinc invite options

Wouter Verstraeten wouter at cloudgroup.be
Wed Oct 10 13:55:28 CEST 2018

Dear All,

We are trying the Tinc invites to let nodes join the network.

This is working as described but we want to push some configuration for
some nodes but this seemed not to be working.

What is working is the following invite:

Name = test_invite

NetName = test_VPN

ConnectTo = test_hub01

Ifconfig = 172.16.1.4/24

Subnet = 172.16.1.4

#---------------------------------------------------------------#

Name = test_hub01

Address = test_hub01.foo.bar

Subnet = 172.16.1.1

Subnet = 172.16.1.0/24

Port = 6555

-----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY-----

Following the next line in the documentation:
*the **tinc join**command on the client will automatically separate
statements based on whether they should be in **tinc.conf** or in a host
config file*

We wanted to add “TunnelServer = yes” to the invitation hoping Tinc would
know to put it into the tinc.conf file.

But thinc told us it did not understand the parameter.

Do we do something wrong, or are not all “experimental” features supported
in the invitation files?

Many thanks,

Wouter Verstraeten