tinc disconnects

Parke parke.nexus at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 16:59:06 CET 2018

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 4:51 AM Sergio Callegari
<sergio.callegari at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like they do, otherwise I guess that they would not be able to set upthe
> tinc VPN from the beginning.

Well, tinc could look up DNS entries prior to entering the chroot.
However, I have no experience running tinc in a chroot, so everything
I say is speculation.

> However, I have noticed that the mechanism forthe
> dns queries in the system is not as simple as it used to be. I have a systemd
> resolved daemon in the middle that is said to do caching.

Yes.  In this brave new systemd world, I no longer know how name
resolution works on my systems.  :-/

I guess another diagnostic option would be to try to disable the chroot.

-Parke