[Announcement] Tinc versions 1.0.32 and 1.1pre15 released

Etienne Dechamps etienne at edechamps.fr
Tue Sep 5 19:49:00 CEST 2017

Hi Guillermo,

Yes, I've also noticed there are still issues with resuming from
standby on Windows, despite the latest fixes that I wrote (which are
included in 1.1pre15). I think my fixes covered some of the causes of
tinc misbehaving on standby, but not all of them.

Are you able to reproduce the issue reliably? If so, can you please
file an issue at https://github.com/gsliepen/tinc/issues (be sure to
mention @dechamps) along with a verbose tinc log (-d5)? It would also
help if you included the thread stacks that Process Explorer is
showing you for tincd.exe while it's stuck.

Oh, by the way, make sure you're using the TAP-Win32 driver that's
bundled with tinc (9.0.0.9), not one of the newer versions that come
bundled with OpenVPN. The newer versions are very different and do not
work very well with tinc. (tincd will warn you in the logs on startup
if you're not using the recommended driver version.)