I've stumbled across weird chain of multiple failures

Sergey Frolov dunkan.aidaho at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 21:33:19 CEST 2017

Hi.

I've had a chain of a sudden unexplained problems which crippled my
tinc network.

It looks as if UDP communication between hosts in different parts of
the globe all of a sudden completely broke.

While waiting for my list subscription to be accepted, I've managed to
solve, (or perhaps mask) the problem by re-enabling PMTUDiscovery for
all hosts involved.

I still have no understanding why this was of any help, as discovery
settled on higher PMTU than the one I've previously used.

I'll attach an original email I've meant to send with all the
details, and if anyone has any ideas about causes, I'll be glad to hear
them out.

Sergey.