Create network of untrusted peers (like SocialVPN, ChaosVPN, etc)

Glauber Ferreira glaubermmf at gmcomms.com.br
Mon Dec 18 23:41:16 CET 2017

Thanks! Will get in touch with the author about the security implications.

---- On Seg, 18 dez 2017 20:03:21 -0200 Azul <mail at azulinho.com> wrote ----

I use https://github.com/JeevesTakesOver/Railtrack/blob/master/README.rst

however in my setup I do trust the nodes in the VPN, so this may not exactly work out for what you want

I tested ZeroTier for some time but unfortunately I decided to not use it for a number of factors:

- Can only be configured by API

- Depends on central Zerotier Servers

- Little documentation

Furthermore, I'm intrigued by how cjdns works: Is cjdns made to only work with Hyperboria? If I install it I will inevitably peer with them?

How will I peer with other nets such as dn42 in the future if I use cjdns?

I guess I'll try to find these answers on the internet or their repo.

---- On Seg, 18 dez 2017 19:40:41 -0200 Parke <parke.nexus at gmail.com> wrote ----

Hi Glauber,

[Offlist]

Have you considered ZeroTier?

https://zerotier.com/

I have not used it, but it might deal better with untrusted peers,

given that each peer's identity is tightly bound to an IPv6 address.

Have you considered Cjdns? I have not used it, either. It came

before ZeroTier, I think, and the two may have some similarities.

https://github.com/cjdelisle/cjdns

Cheers,

Parke

Well, how does ChaosVPN does it then? Is it a fork?

---- On Seg, 18 dez 2017 19:26:27 -0200 Parke <parke.nexus at gmail.com> wrote ----

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 11:37 AM, Glauber Ferreira

tinc at tinc-vpn.org