The reconnect timer can be adjusted in 1.0.31?

Bright Zhao startryst at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 11:48:14 CEST 2017

Thanks.

>From the document, the default looks 900s.

And let's say tinc connected to A, B, C; What if the connection to A
failed(To B and C are fine), and tried many times until the last try which
wait the Max Timeout, then tinc will not try again to connect A, right?(And
when the Max Timeout for connection to A will be reset?)

Guus Sliepen <guus at tinc-vpn.org>于2017年8月12日 周六下午5:39写道:

> On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 09:17:10AM +0000, Bright Zhao wrote:
>
> > I  noticed th default reconnect for the first time is 5s, if failed the
> > timer will be increase, I would like to know if this timer can be
> adjusted?
>
> No, this cannot be adjusted.
>
> > The Max Timeout you mentioned seems not exactly the one, from the
> > description below, it looks to me it is the total time for connect to be
> >  re-established, if not it trying other tinc daemon? Different tinc
> deamons
> > have nothing related to each other, why try other daemon?
>
> Timeouts are handled separately for each ConnectTo. So if you have
> multiple ConnectTo's, they will all be tried in parallel, and each has
> its own timeout that starts at 5 seconds, gets incremented by 5 every
> time it fails, but it will never increase it beyond MaxTimeout.
>
> So if you have a connection to A that is failing, and after a while the
> timeout for it is 300 seconds, and if a working connection to B
> suddenly fails, then tinc will try to reconnect to B after 5 seconds.
>
> --
> Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
>      Guus Sliepen <guus at tinc-vpn.org>

Sent from iPhone