Can't Route LAN Traffic Behind Tinc Network

Keith keith at rhizomatica.org
Thu Oct 6 17:27:09 CEST 2016

On 06/10/2016 17:16, Kismet Agbasi wrote:
> Thanks again Keith.  I disabled UFW and flushed iptables completely, but same result.  Pings from the external node are reaching the internal node on the tinc0 interface but nothing happens after that.  Now that I'm thinking of it, I did some masquerading in order to get OpenVPN to work on another box, I wonder if that would be applicable here?
Weird. I dunno. something is missing from the picture.
You could check if the pings to 172.23.6.x are going out on the eth1
interface with
tcpdump -i eth1 icmp
You are trying to ping this internal windows box via tinc, right? (the
one from where you posted a ping to 172.23.6.149?)
Does it have windows firewall enabled? Sometimes windows firewall blocks
incoming pings.

can you ping it from the machine called ubuntu2?

k/