Feedback about OpenWrt and Tinc version to be packaged.

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Sun May 29 10:43:03 CEST 2016

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 09:04:13AM +0200, Saverio Proto wrote:

> I received this pull request.
>
> https://github.com/openwrt/packages/pull/2757/files
>
> As I wrote in the comments I am not sure that is the way to go.
[...]
> I dont want to impose my thinking and keep Tinc in OpenWRT at 1.0.x,
> so I am here to collect user feedback to take a better decision.

Well, I'm not really a user of tinc on OpenWRT, but I'd strongly suggest
you keep using the stable version of tinc until the release of stable
version 1.1.0. I cannot guarantee the new protocol in the
1.1pre-releases will not change until 1.1.0 is released.

That said, Tinc 1.1 should be backwards compatible with the
configuration from 1.0.x. Apart from generating an Ed25519 keypair, you
should just be able to use your old configuration files without any
changes. If there is anything that breaks when you do this, let me know.