SystemD Trigger

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Tue Mar 1 15:32:48 CET 2016

On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 06:06:46AM -0600, md at rpzdesign.com wrote:

> Can you give me an example of <netname>.

<netname> is the name of the directory under /etc/tinc where your
configuration is. See: http://tinc-vpn.org/documentation/Multiple-networks.html#Multiple-networks

> My eth0 device is assigned a public ip address, but I will not use tinc to
> secure traffic over that interface.
>
> There will be an eth1 device that has a externally visible IP Address.  It
> is on this eth1 device that I want
> the virtual tun0 device to route its traffic.

Linux doesn't care whether tun0 is virtual or not. So you configure
routing to/from your VPN interface the same way you would as when you
would have a real interface instead. Since I don't know exactly what you
want and how your eth1 is configured, I cannot give a more specific
answer.

> Maybe under Ubuntu, I will have a different device name tun0?  (I only
> tested tinc on centos6 earlier)

If you use /etc/network/interfaces, then the virtual interface will get
the name you specify in the stanza. So if you have:

iface vpn inet manual
	address 192.168.1.1
	netmask 255.255.255.0
	tinc-net <netname>

Then the interface will literally be named "vpn". If you don't use
/etc/network/interfaces for starting tinc, then it will give the
interface the same name as the netname, unless you override it by
using the Interface option in tinc.conf.