respawning dead tinc process

Mark Lopez m at silvenga.com
Fri Jan 29 15:42:41 CET 2016

I’ve been having the same issue with Ubuntu, thankfully we have access to Upstart:

```
start on (local-filesystems and net-device-up IFACE!=lo)
stop on stopping network-services

author "Mark Lopez"
description "Tinc Upstart Job"
version "0.1"

env network=master

respawn

exec /usr/sbin/tincd -n "$network" -D --debug=3 --logfile
```

I removed the default init script and switched over to Upstart. Restarts will occur as soon as the process dies. Save the job as “/etc/init/tinc.conf”.