HA firewall with tinc

mlist mlist at apsystems.it
Wed Jan 27 12:42:25 CET 2016

Hi Saverio, I found conflict:

172.16.1.10     00:50:56:1b:ba:5e       VMware, Inc.

172.16.1.10     00:50:56:2b:12:e6       VMware, Inc. (DUP: 2)

172.16.1.10     00:50:56:2b:12:e6       VMware, Inc. (DUP: 3)

172.16.1.10     00:50:56:2b:12:e6       VMware, Inc. (DUP: 4)

172.16.1.10     00:50:56:2b:12:e6       VMware, Inc. (DUP: 5)

So my assumptions were wrong ! :D

Probably Virtual network Interface does not send ARP, but Physical Network with the same IP address range advertise this address generating conflict with active firewall / tinc machine.

I'm to tie Keepalived and Tinc no this HA Firewall configuration...

Thank you

Roberto