tinc on a raspberry pi - version 1.0.19 will not work

Lars Kruse lists at sumpfralle.de
Wed Jan 27 06:21:53 CET 2016

Hi Maximilian,

> Are you aware where I could find a deb src for 1.0.26, which I could
> build myself, or how I could build a .deb package from the sources here
> https://github.com/gsliepen/tinc/tree/release-1.0.26 ?

the Debian package maintainer already did this for you:
 https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=tinc
(in "testing")

If you want to build a debian package (with modifications) on your own, then
you should take a look at the Debian New Maintainer Guide:
 http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/
The chapters 2, 3, 6 and 8 could be sufficient for rebuilding a package with
a new upstream version.
The same procedures apply to the (derived) Ubuntu packages, as well.

Cheers,
Lars