tinc vpn - node to node communication

Yazeed Fataar yazeedfataar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 15:41:05 CET 2016

Hi

Ok I have a simple lab setup with three nodes , one acting as the "Central
Node" and the other two as remote nodes which "*ConnectTo*" the central
node in order to be able to communicate with each other.

What I would like to know is , once the tinc remote nodes establish a
connection to the "Central Node" , my understanding was that if the remote
nodes want to communicate with each other the data traffic will be flowing
through the central node. When I did a tcpdump on central node (both tun0
and eth0) interfaces I cannot see the ICMP traffic on central node ?!? How
does tinc pass the data traffic without the central node... hopefully not
by MAGIC :) ...

Please explain to me .

Regards
Yazeed