[Announcement] Tinc version 1.1pre12 released

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Sun Apr 24 15:31:09 CEST 2016

On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 07:03:40AM -0600, md at rpzdesign.com wrote:

> Great job.

Thanks!

> I would love to see a library version of Tinc for linux.

Well, there is MeshLink (https://github.com/meshlink/meshlink), which
allows you to add all the mesh features of tinc into an application.
But that's maybe not what you want?

> Kind of like an API instead of configuration files.

With tinc 1.1, you have the CLI, which you could call an API.

> It would have a single unix socket with a JSON API.

The tinc 1.1 daemon has a unix socket that you can use to control it.
It's not using JSON though, and it still relies a lot on configuration
files; the CLI mostly changes the configuration files and uses the UNIX
socket to tell the daemon to reload them.

But if you could show me some mock-ups of requests and responses that
you would be able to do, that would be very interesting!