tinc as layer 2 switch doesn't automatically mesh with other nodes

Etienne Dechamps etienne at edechamps.fr
Thu Jun 11 19:35:52 CEST 2015

What do you mean by "connect to each other"? The nodes will not
establish new metaconnections besides the ones you configured. They
will, however, try to reach other directly over UDP when sending
packets. That happens independently of the metaconnections themselves.

You can use "tinc info" to check for this. It should say the other
node is reachable "directly over UDP". Make sure you use the link at
the same time (e.g. ping) so that tinc actively tries to establish a
UDP tunnel.