Is netname used in metadata connections ?

Florent B florent at coppint.com
Wed May 28 15:15:34 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a configuration of Tinc to allow multiple tincd
daemons for a same network (mixing bonding, etc...). I will post my
solution later if I found one. This is to get better speeds in multiple
gigabit/sec networks.

So my question is not about this directly.

I would like to know if the "netname" configured on each node, is used
somewhere in communications between nodes ?

I mean, a node A running netname=network1 can connect to node B running
Tincd with netname=network2 ? or not ?

Thank you for your answer.

I could check the source but if someone has the answer quickly it's
better :)

Flo