FW: VPN stablility problems

Larry Smith lsmith999999 at hotmail.com
Mon May 5 20:16:22 CEST 2014

Hi there,

I installed the latest version of your product (1.0.23) a couple of days
ago and would like to know if there are known stability issues on Windows. It’s
my first time using your product and I have it installed on three Windows
machines, Win 8.1 Pro, Win 7 Pro, and Win 7 Starter’s edition (the latter is
running on a low-end netbook). After installing it everything seemed to work at
first but I soon noticed problems losing my connection between machines.
Sometimes the connection remains up for an hour or two, and then the connection
drops for no apparent reason (I can no longer ping for instance). It may then
come back up again after a while but I can’t find any pattern so far. Right now
for instance, my Win 7 Pro machine can ping the Win 7 Starter’s machine but not
the other way around. It was working in both directions a couple of days ago
however. I’ve tried stopping and re-starting the service on both machines,
re-booting the routers, etc., but the situation is currently persistent (but may
resolve itself again later). Note that I’m an experienced C++ developer and I’ve
checked all obvious issues (firewall, port forwarding, IP addresses, etc.). It
should work however since I’ve made no changes to my original setup. All
machines have a stable connection to the Internet and I can remotely login
between the machines using other software. While I’d like to give you the
benefit of the doubt and it is a free product (which I do appreciate BTW),
something doesn’t appear to be stable so I’m wondering if this is a known issue.
Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Larry Smith