Tips punching through tight firewalls

Sandy McArthur Jr sandy at mcarthur.org
Sun Jun 1 22:32:05 CEST 2014

Any tips or guidance on improving the probability of being able to connect
to a Tinc daemon.

I am currently on a guest wifi at a hospital for my in-laws family. Wanting
to pass time and be semi productive, I tried to VPN back to my private
networks but it appears the default port Tinc users is blocked.

Here is what I know about their firewall:
http://n3.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=36ea240d-27416-f857b222-4083-4af8-abdd

I wasn't able to find anything on this searching the Web. My initial
thoughts are to take a location that doesn't need an https service and run
a tinc node just for relaying on port 443. Can I just port forward from 443
to 655 or should I create a new second host on the same machine.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Sandy McArthur, Jr.