Some questions about SPTPS

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Wed Aug 13 11:27:01 CEST 2014

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 05:52:30PM -0400, Sandy McArthur Jr wrote:

> > Would it make sense for tinc to support HTTP Proxy Connect for incoming
> > connections?
[...]
> Maybe not the best example. There is WPAD but I've only
> ever seen it in use in once place.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Proxy_Autodiscovery_Protocol

Ok, that indeed makes more sense.

> Reading the manual, I see tincd.conf can have multiple BindToAddress
> entries, can a host's config have multiple Port entries? The manual doesn't
> read as such:
> http://www.tinc-vpn.org/documentation-1.1/Host-configuration-variables.html#index-Port

If you want tinc to listen on multiple ports, say 655, 443 and 80, then
just add these three lines to tinc.conf:

BindToAddress = * 655
BindToAddress = * 443
BindToAddress = * 80

Indeed, you can only have one Port statement (or rather, all but one are
ignored), and it's only used when you don't specify a port with
BindToAddress.